From time to time I feel the need to check in on my blog. I can go for ages without thinking about it. I'm still online, reading other people's but today I felt like a post, maybe someone's there, maybe they're not, either way is fine :)
Life is really good for us at the moment. I think in a way I originally started my blog because after moving to a new area I was a bit lonely. But life has gotten so busy now there never seems to be the time, which I guess is a good thing :)
So, what's changed.
- Gilbert is fine, he has become hyperthyoid again and has since developed kidney disease also, but he's ok. He's being treated for both and is still very active and chirpy :)
- DH is fine. We have a Victorian Steampunk wedding coming up so are desperately trying to sort out frugal outfits for this which is HARD! Will try and post pics. DH is wearing a military outfit that he bought off Ebay for a reasonable price, but when he got it he found it was too small, so in the last 8 weeks he has lost a stone and a half (about 20 lb's) to get into it! Well done DH!
- DH is still mostly veggie, but I have pretty much cut out all dairy and gluten as well as I find it suits me much better so will try and post some new recipes at some point. I do a really good tofu quiche that even my meat eating colleague's liked that is made with GF flour. It was mushroom and spinach. I like lots of hearty soups with beans and lentils and loads of veggies, nuts and seeds, green smoothie's, vegetable juices as well as the odd treat.
- I'm still crafting but not as much recently, although I did make a really cute dolls house room from an old shoe box I must post :) I've been doing a lot of charity work and have got involved in set painting with our local panto.
- We've done a lot of work on our home and the decorating is mostly finished!
We're still living a mindful life I think, we still try to be frugal as well as ethical- which can be a fine line! And we're just trying to be happy with what we've got and make the most of this very precious life :)